Fresh Fall Drink
Spicy, orangey, spritzy & alcohol free
This drink is spicy and fresh and alcohol free. With a tiny bit of caffeine, spice from ginger and black pepper, and a wee kick from apple cider vinegar, this drink is refreshing and energizing. Perfect for the fall season and into the holidays.
Makes 4-6 drinks
- 2 bags of chai tea (your choice, I used Tazo)
- 1 tbls black peppercorns
- 1 inch knob of ginger root, peeled
- 2, 1 inch long orange peels
- 1 tbls ground cinnamon
- 1 star anise pod
- 2-4 tbls of apple cider vinegar ( about a 1/2 tsp for each drink)
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of sugar or honey
- 2 San Pellegrino sparkling orange beverage
- Combine the tea bags with spices, orange peels, water and sugar in a small saucepan; bring to a boil and then remove from the heat and allow it to steep for 10 minutes, strain, and then let it cool to room temperature.
- To assemble the drink, take 2 tbls of the chai syrup, fill glass with ice, splash a 1/2 tsp of apple cider vinegar and top with the orange beverage. Garnish with an orange peel.
Recipe & Styling: Megan Forbes
Photography: Christina Hussey