Ayara, a restaurant/sauce company based out of LA sent us three very tasty sauces to make into something delicious. We got this steak sauce and my brain went straight to some kind of cold noodle salad, which I love. Being someone who does not buy ready made sauces from the store (personal preference/chef guilt/blah blah blah), I was at once skeptical and intrigued. Upon tasting them, pleasantly surprised. The flavors were so fresh and balanced. Soooo yeahhh, here's my recipe.
Recipe: Megan Forbes
Photos: Christina Hussey
- 2 lbs skirt steak ( or flank steak)
- 1 medium cucumber
- 1 red hot chili pepper
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1 lb fresh lo mein noodles
- 1/4 cup When Tiger's Cry steak sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- salt and pepper
1. Mix the ingredients for the marinade and pour 3/4 of it onto the beef, marinade for 30 minutes- to an hour
2. Get a pot of water boiling and cook the noodles according to the package instructions; drain; chill
3. Chop your fresh ingredients ( cucumbers, herbs, pepper, green onions), set aside.
4. using a cast iron skillet over medium heat, cook your marinated steak for about 4 minutes per side; remove from heat and allow to rest for 10 minutes
5. In a large bowl, toss the fresh herbs and veggies, noodles, and remaining sauce mixture. Top with steak, season with salt and pepper, enjoy.