I went to a cooking with flowers workshop the other day, lead by Erin Lozier, and she taught us how to make this rose simple syrup. I thought it would make a great limeade and decided to give it a try. It's just festive enough for your 4th of July. Also, feel free to add a shot of rum or tequila to take it up a notch.
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup dried rose buds (found at a tea shop)
- splash of seltzer water
1. Combine sugar, water and rose buds in a small saucepan to make the simple syrup. Bring to a boil and boil for 4 minutes.
2. Remove from heat and strain.
3. Combine 1 cup lime juice with 1/2 cup or so of rose simple syrup. Add ice and seltzer water to taste.
Recipe: Megan Forbes
Photo: Christina Hussey