There are number of things that can be done with the little flag: you could put it in a cake, or a plant, you could even put it on your desk to give you constant encouragement. I don't know one person who doesn't need that in their lives.
- two sheets of felt from the craft store. Literally like 30 cents and they come in any color.
- needle and thread
- small dowel rod (I found mine in the cake decor dept, already cut)
- fine tip marker
- tacky glue
- Decide which color you want to use for the letters and for the flag. Write out "YES!" in bold letters using your marker. Make sure its just an outline of the letters. Cut these out and set aside.
- Draw a pendant shape on the felt meant for the flag and cut it out. I made mine about 5" long.
- Take your dowel and wrap the end of the pendant around it to make a little pocket (like a curtain pocket) and then take put your pins in it to hold it in place while you sew.
- Sew the pocket closed. Doesn't have to be perfect, just has to keep the flag around the dowel rod.
- Glue or sew the letters onto the flag. I chose to glue because it's easier ;)
Words, Tutorial, & Styling By: Megan Forbes
Photos & Styling By: Christina Hussey