Sure, it's really easy to run over to the closest fast food place and order this sandwich, but I assure you, this is better. It's one of those sandwiches that depends on the quality of ingredients. I like to use Neese's sausage which is a local NC brand. It tastes so good.
Makes 1 sandwich
- 1 english muffin
- 1-2 slices of cooked sausage
- 1 egg
- 3 slices of sharp white cheddar
- Slice the sausage and fry it in a pan over medium heat until it is cooked throughout. Toast the english muffin.
- Cook your egg to your desired temperature. Add the cheese to the egg and allow it to melt while it is still in the pan.
- Place the sausage, egg, and cheese onto your toasted english muffin and enjoy.
Recipe: Megan Forbes
Photo: Christina Hussey