Me and Austin eat a lot food featured in the legume family. Legumes are filling, nutritious and extremely cheap. You can make this meal with stuff you likely have in your pantry. Perfect for a meatless Monday or whatever. I don't have to tell you that this recipe is easy because you can see for yourself. We hope to make more recipe videos in the future. Let us know what you think!
- 1 16 oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 16 oz can of chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 3 green onion, sliced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground fennel
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 4 eggs
- 1 avocado
- sour cream for topping
- Fresh toasted bread for serving (also great over rice or tortillas)
1. Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large dutch oven.
2. Sautè onions and garlic until fragrant (about 2 minutes); add chick peas, spices and tomatoes and bring to a simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Drop the eggs in one at a time, don't move them or anything. Turn the heat to medium-low and place the lid on top. Cook for approximately 7 minutes or until desired doneness of eggs.
4. Serve atop toasted bread, rice, or tortillas and top with green onions, sour cream, and avocado.
Recipe: Megan Forbes
Photos & Video: Christina Hussey