here. Over valentines weekend, I had made some mint infused creme anglaise. It being just me and my husband, there was plenty leftover. The peaches were begging to be cracked open and drizzled with that sauce. Pistachios added the salty crunch we all need. If you don't have canned peaches, you might try poached peaches.
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 tbls sugar
- 7 leaves of fresh mint
- 1 tsp vanilla extract OR a vanilla bean pod
- 12 canned or poached peaches, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped pistachios
1. In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring the cream and milk to a bare simmer. Toss the mint leaves in and remove from heat.
2. Whisk the egg yolks and sugar together in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in the warm milk mixture.
3. Pour the mixture into a saucepan and place back onto medium heat. Stir the mixture constantly until it has thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon. This should take about 5 minutes.
4. Top the peach halves with the creme and pistachios. Serve immediately.